I was born in 1974 in Saarbruecken. Since I grew up in the Cathedral City Hildesheim, I call myself nevertheless a Northlight. The state-approved Physical Therapy Exam in Bad Oeynhausen helped me gain my first occupation in 1998 at the rehabilitation clinic Porta Westfalica at Bad Oeynhausen. In order to broaden my knowledge I worked in a Dutch guided practice and one year in Baden Württemberg. In 2003 I came to Hamburg, for me „the most beautiful city of the world“.
As of now I am treating the HSV soccer team at the Athleticum of the UKE Hamburg while also being the Head Coach for the Original Bootcamp Hamburg.
Besides my job as a physiotherapist and personal trainer I spend much of my spare time with sports also. Furthermore, I enjoy listening to music, preferably Soul. I work part time as a model for over 15 years.
My professional career at a glance:
1993 Graduation at the Gymnasium Andreanum, Hildesheim 1998 State-approved Physical Therapy Exam in Bad Oeynhausen 1998 - 1999 Physiotherapist at the clinic Porta Westfalica, Bad Oeynhausen 1998 - 2001 Scholarship from the Foundation for Gifted, Bonn 1999 - 2002 Physiotherapist in practice Henk van Bergen, Oberhausen 2002 - 2003 Physiotherapist in the treatment centre Wagner, Pforzheim 2003 - 2011 Physioherapist in the practice of Physio-aktiv, Ahrensburg 2011 - 2012 Physioherapist in the practice of Liane Smit, Hamburg since 2012 Head Coach for the Original Bootcamp Hamburg since 2013 Physiotherapist at the Athleticum of the UKE Hamburg
Qualifications of Physiotherapy
- Reflexology (Clinic Porta Westfalica)
- Sports Physiotherapy (Clinic Porta Westfalica)
- Manual Therapy (SOMT at the Timmermeister School / Munster)
- PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation) (Therapy Centre Langenhagen, Renata Horst)
- Medical Training Therapy (Therapy Center Langenhagen)
- NAP: Neuromuscular Arthrooseous Plasticity (Therapy Centre Langenhagen
and Training in Hamburg, Renata Horst)
- Kinesio Taping (Dr. Sielmann)
- Acupuncture Massage after Penzel Segment 1 and 2 (Heyen)
- Hand Surgery Workshop (Boberg)
- Treatment in paraplegia (Boberg)
- Arthro Clinic Symposia
- Since May 2003: Meeting the requirements for EAP therapists (Extended Outpatient Physiotherapy)
With the help of David Abankwa I was able to increase my stamina during my pregnancy and strengthen my muscles. And the best part: I really enjoy it. I am looking forward to resume training and loose my extra pounds after giving birth.
Thanks to David Abankwas training I could find an effective way to juggle my family, job, my dog and my training.
My headaches are gone. Thanks to years of support by David Abankwa I feel much better. In addition, I have found a good friend in David. He is a frequent guest of my whole family.
During an accident I suffered an incomplete paraplegia, which changed my life. Since the early stages David Abankwa took care of me. Through him I learned to deal with certain handicaps and explore my potential fully. The gained stamina and courage it gave me even allowed starting my own business.